1922 - 1935 Peace Silver Dollars
Peace Silver Dollars Dates Our Choice
Silver Dollar Peace Dollars $1 Face Value Coin History:
The Peace Silver Dollar was minted from 1922-1928 and again from 1934-1935. The art of the design was from a contest to commemorate and celebrate the end of World War I. A time of long enduring Peace was the theme for the world.
Peace Silver Dollar Coin Specifications:
- Very Good (VG+)
- Minted US Mint
- Minted between 1922-1928 and again 1934-1935
- Face Value $1
- Content 0.7734 troy ounce silver
- Known as the Peace Dollar
- Obverse: Features the artwork of Anthony de Francisci, a 34 year old contest winner, who designed the coin to showcase the spirit of our country after WWI. Using his wife as a model, the youthful Lady Liberty is on the obverse.
- Reverse: Showcases the iconic American Eagle resting on an olive branch over the word "Peace."
VG+ condition: Visible wear and softness throughout the design and signs of circulation. Discoloration and toning may be present.