2021 Type 2 $1 Silver American Eagle Coin History:
Authorized by Congress in 1985 and first minted in 1986, Silver Eagles are pure .999 fine silver, the finest silver coins ever minted and distributed in the U.S.A. Each coin contains one troy ounce of pure silver and measures 1.598" (or 40.6mm) in diameter with a thickness of .117" or 2.98mm. The Silver American Eagle Coins are impressively large and substantial coins. The Silver American Eagle are America's only official investment grade silver bullion coins.
2021 Type 2 $1 Silver American Eagle Coin Specifications:
- Brand New Type 2 $1 Silver American Eagle Coins
- 35th Anniversary of the American Eagle
- All NEW reverse Design by Emily Damstra
- Minted US Mint
- Minted 2021
- Face Value $1
- Purity 0.999 fine pure silver
- Silver content 1 troy oz.
- Thickness 2.98 mm
- Diameter 40.6 mm
- Known as the Silver Eagle
- Anti-conterfeit reeded edge
- Obverse: Features the artwork of Adolph Wienman’s “Walking Liberty” design. Lady Liberty is passing through an open field with the morning sun appearing. She is dressed in a traditional toga while holding a bundle of oak and olive branches while the other arm is held out as a gesture of welcome.
- Reverse: Showcases the iconic American Eagle more life-like with a new design with the American Eagle swooping into view oak branch in its talons. The oak tree is the national tree known to symbolize strength.